winter mountaineering course
Only five days but invaluable experience.
do you like long, winter hiking trails when they are empty,
you know that the mountains are beautiful then,
you value your safety
Instructors Polish Mountaineering Association will prepare you for self and move safely in winter in the alpine area. Polish Mountaineering Association is an organization that was one of the founders of the UIAA and is still a member.
- first, know what the ice axes and crampons, how to use them, so that helped and not hindered,
- we learn to inhibit slipping on the snow slope.
- we will train safety net on the ridge of vertices in the environment Gasienicowa, learn to properly place the foot and hammer ice ax in steep ice, will pave the snow,
- will practice setting up their own positions belay in the snow and ice,
- you climbed the easy road ice,
- you will learn the basic principles of belaying typical for winter: ice, snow, rock
- dig snow caves, if you want, you'll sleep in it.
- you will learn basic knowledge of avalanche, practice locating buried in an avalanche
- you will learn the basic principles of navigation in the area of high altitude, you will learn how to plan a trip, set azimuths and navigate in the fog and avoiding crevasses using a compass and GPS.
Get ready for a large portion of practical knowledge.
You will be trained exclusively by instructors Polish Mountaineering Association having at least 25 years of climbing experience.
The difference between summer and winter is large, even huge. This course will introduce you to the world of snow, ice, crampons and ice axes. Remember also that it is worth it to complete full courses: avalanche and navigation.
form of teaching:
We will go on mountain hikes in the surrounding valey Gąsienicowa. This is the safest area to know the Tatra Mountains in winter. Approach and landing short and hardly threatened by avalanches. Large selection of routes of varying difficulty. Easily accessible icefalls, and of the return of good home cooked food and accommodation conditions.
Training classes will last less than five days, and your stay in Poland for about four days. On the first day our driver will pick you from the airport in Krakow (if you plan to fly the evening you will have to come the day before), and will take around noon wwhole group to Zakopane. After two hours bus ride we get to Zakopane. Here we will have lunch at one of the regional restaurant.And then after two hours of walking we get together to shelter "Murowaniec" (N49.24339° E20.00721° in the Valley Gąsienicowa ttp: //www.murowaniec.e-tatry.pl/index_en.php. After checking in and a break for a meal on the same day in the evening with a licensed instructor of Polish Mountaineering Association will begin classes in the training room. We will issue the necessary equipment to operate in the mountains and teach you wear crampons, ice axes chosen,harness dress, pack a backpack and tie a few knots. In the remaining four days from morning to night you will gain practical knowledge on 7-8 hour classes in the mountains and theoretical knowledge in the evening in a warm shelter.
Classes run in person or help me, my friends: licensed instructors Polish Mountaineering Association with extensive experience training, speaking good English, the group will be a maximum of six participants.
- what is most valuable: an experience that will help you safely go where others can not or do not.
- 15% discount in the online store Kilimanjaro - may come in handy ...
Tatras are the highest part of the Carpathians and the only mountain in this part of Europe are alpine. It is these mountains created a legend Polish Winter Himalayan Mountaineering such as Wojtek Kurtyka, Jerzy Kukuczka, Wanda Rutkiewicz, Krzysztof Wielicki and many others.
Tatras area stretches from the pass Huciańskiej (Orava) to pass Zdziarska (write down) in a relatively small area of approx. 780 km2. The highest peak is Gerlach (2.655m), which, interestingly, not in the main ridge of the Tatras.
During the Winter mountaineering course our main area of activity is Dry Valley Water Gąsienicowa. There, surrounded by Gasienicowa winter is the safest. Approach and landing are much easier and shorter than in the valley of the Sea Eye, the roads are generally easier and are perfect for teaching climbing in difficult winter conditions. The area Zmarzły Pond and the Cauldron Kościelcowym find some interesting icefalls ideal for exercise and readily available, even in difficult conditions.
Polish ridge of the High Tatras
Land it in Kraków- we take care of the rest.
On the first day our driver will pick you from the airport in Krakow (if you plan to fly the evening you will have to come the day before), and will take around noon wwhole group to Zakopane. After two hours bus ride we get to Zakopane. Here we will have lunch at one of the regional restaurant.And then after two hours of walking we get together to shelter "Murowaniec" (N49.24339° E20.00721° in the Valley Gąsienicowa ttp: //www.murowaniec.e-tatry.pl/index_en.php.
Dry Ridge Valley Water Gąsienicowa
Throughout the duration of the course in the Tatra our house will shelter PTTK "Murowaniec" on Gasienicowa (N49.24339° E20.00721°).
Rooms are 2, 4, 6, 8,10 and 12 persons. Normally students are sleeping in the rooms of six, but if anyone would like a smaller room within the availability of smaller rooms will be booked. On the floors are warm rooms, clean bathrooms alone in the hallway, downstairs dining room, kitchen, sitting room TV. Bedding is available, so no need to carry a sleeping bag, unless you plan to sleep in a snow cave and then take it. There is no tourist kitchen, warm meals better to buy in the kitchen. There is wi-fi. For more see page hostels www.murowaniec.e-tatry.pl
The price per night is 10 euros to 25 euros depending on the size of the room. If you want your better half to come let me know in advance, I'll do it for her book. You can pay by credit card Visa, Master Card for accommodation and meals.
But the nearest ATM is two hours away on foot so it is always good to have some Polish money in the event of failure of the terminal.
I assure all necessary equipment, of course, ropes, carabiners, etc., But also crampons and ice axes. All of this has been tested by the International Organization for climbing UIAA and the European Union CE.
You must take off their shoes for the winter (I serve advice) and dress more suitable for winter conditions in the mountains of alpine type.
must also bring along:
- personal ID documents
- If you do not already have it written parental consent for participation in the course
waterproof jacket (with a good hood)
backpack (approx. 45-55l)
* for advanced mountaineering best special winter boots, leather or technical type Scarpa Mont Blanc GTX may be other shoes suitable for winter. Top with up to a rigid sole. Attachments for cancers (lipping) are not necessary, we also have classical binding crampons.
** if you want to sleep in a snow cave, otherwise you do not need.
Training for beginners:
1 turnus: 5th January – 8th January
2 turnus: 16th February – 19th February
3 turnus: 2nd March – 5th March
£330 (395€)* for 4 days of winter mountaineering course
£95 (120€) for accommodation in shared room in mountain hut
Transport in Poland free
Training for advanced:
11th January – 15 January
22nd February – 26th February
8th March – 12th March
£450 (535€) for 5 days winter mountaineering course
£95 (120€) for accommodation in shared room in mountain hut
transport in Poland free
The course price includes:
- equipped with a set of required equipment
- accident insurance and the cost of treatment in the hospital to the amount 5.000zł
- a good adventure under the supervision of competent people
Course price does not include:
- airplane flight
- accommodations - four nights about 120 euros
- cableways - 5 euros
- restaurant food and shelter - 20 euros per day
- insurance costs of treatment in the hospital above (1,200 euros), but if you have a European Health Card you can be treated in Poland and mountain rescue services using a helicopter are free in the Tatra Mountains.
- on our course we invite a group of friends, because the course will start with a minimum of three students
- then you will have to pay a down payment of 100 euros on account BIC/SWIFT : BREXPLPWMBK number PL28 1140 2004 0000 3312 0207 9002 in the title name, the date of the course and name of course -send me information about transfer
- will confirm your booking on the course, and the rest of the money for the course will pay us directly, or you transfer on account BIC/SWIFT : BREXPLPWMBK number PL28 1140 2004 0000 3312 0207 9002
- if you have not finished 18 years you must have written parental consent.need a little humor and a willingness to learn.
- Winter Mountaineering Course is provided for beginners, so no previous experience is not required, but we will work outside the shelter every day for several hours, does not require above average physical fitness but for your own comfort well if you practice this person running or other active forms of movement to improve the condition.
I know English in the offer is not perfect, but this level of English you can expect on the course. In this way, you decide if it is ok or not for You - before you come to us.